Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Return to your childhood and be a child

Nurture the child in you”. Well, this is a statement that I have forgotten where I heard but have taken care to remember and implement in life. I often wonder why do we need to conform to rules every single second and behave as "Grown-ups" even when we don’t want to. As far as I am concerned, playing always by the rule isn’t my cup of tea as I just can’t stand to lead a stale life without having fun. And what better way to have it by doing something that society approves of being done by children. Believe me, the pure enjoyment by doing something as silly as a child not only makes me happy but also satisfies me as I can still enjoy that childhood streak in me which I have conserved painstakingly till date.

So, here’s my take on how I have kept the child in me alive through the turmoil of life:

  • Taking a ride in the swing at park when the guards are away (as these are mostly meant for children, you see).
  • Laughing aloud (often people have suggested that I offer background laughter effect for Ravana during the Durga Puja cultural program), often showing my yellowish (yuck!!) teeth.
  • Sticking my tongue out whenever I feel very angry at my near and dear ones (my mother knows it the best).
  • Laugh it out when I inadvertently embarrass myself.
  • Watching cartoons, especially Tom and Jerry shows.
  • Buy dozens of lozenges, eat it myself and share with friends and family (yummy!!!).
  • Ditch the self-consciousness and do certain things that a child would do (Sorry folks, can’t tell this…you see-something should be secret).
  • Shake a leg (I’m a lousy dancer for sure) when that favorite music or song of mine plays.
Are you feeling nostalgic? Well, it's time for you to listen to the inner child. Nurture it and let that innocent feeling of childhood overwhelm you. I bet that you will love it.

1 comment:

dhiman said...

cherish the childhood memories..