Thursday, July 10, 2008

Belated Happy B'day Tom

This post is to wish Tom Hanks, one of my favorite actors, a belated Happy B'day (9th July, 1956). Though I have seen several movies of this actor (the first one goes back to my college days when I saw Big), here is a list of some of those that I can watch again and again (not necessarily in this order of preference though. I have randomly listed the names of the movies that I love, irrespective of the date of their release):
1. Philadelphia
2. Road to Perdition
3. The Polar Express (a cartoon film where he was the voice of the ticket collector)
4. The Terminal
5. Catch me if you can
6. Cast Away

I have excluded the hugely popular Sleepless in Seattle as I am yet to watch it. Some other films, which were critically acclaimed are also missing from my list (like Forrest Gump and Saving Private Ryan) as I wasn't too impressed with the overall presentation.

So, here's hoping that Tom Hanks will continue to enthrall us by his stupendous performance on screen.

1 comment:

dhiman said...

thanx a lot sonali for the reminder..just cant forget 'Cast Away'..