Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gadget free Sunday

A few days ago, I was reading an article about how the modern technology has made people overworked and anxious. As I was reading, it occurred to me that I also belonged to the category of people being talked about in the article. Apart from spending 10 hours in office staring at the computer screen, I am tempted to switch on the home PC as soon as I get back home to check my personal mails (personal mail surfing is not allowed at our office). Even on holidays, I log in 3/4 times a day to surf the net, chat with friends and check mails. Though my mobile use is pretty regulated and limited, somewhat consciously by me, I realized that I have already got net-addicted. So, I have decided to go gadget free every Sunday beginning from the coming weekend. So, friends and foes, don't try to contact me on a Sunday from now onwards. Even if you want to shower some brickbats for this decision of mine, hold it till Monday arrives.

2 comments:

dhiman said...

eta kono bhalo decision holo na...

pratyush chakraborty said...

Noble initiative i must say. Sometimes I truly wonder whether we are a slave to these gadgets or it's the other way round.