Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Friendship

To quote Robert Louis Stevenson: A friend is a gift you give yourself.

It is indeed quite true that family ties are something that we are born with. However, friendship is a choice that we exercise at our own discretion. I don’t know of others but in my life till date, my bonds of friendship have often triumphed over the bonds of blood. In the deepest and darkest hours of my life, when I was on the verge of calling it quits, it were my friends who held fort for me and pulled me back by replenishing my levels of falling self belief.

I am indeed indebted to each and every friend of mine, some who are still with me and some who have drifted apart. Irrespective of wherever they are, I always pray for their well being and seek divine blessings for them, each of them being a special individual in his/her own right.

No comments: