Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A visit to the Citizen's Park

The Citizen's Park has been recently renamed as "Mohor Kunjo" after the legendary Rabindrasangeet singer Kanika Bandhopadhyay, whose nick-name was Mohor.

Last Sunday, I visited the park with some of my friends at evening. Though I had passed the road in front of this place several times, I never knew what was inside the gates. That was the first day when I came to know that there is a musical fountain inside this well-maintained garden. This garden doesn't charge the visitors an entry fee and is maintained beautifully.

When we entered the garden at around 7.10 p.m, a musical show was going on. The stands were "house-full" with people sitting all over them. Some like us were even standing at the back, taking the support of the railings. The fountain rose and fell, changed colors with the sound beats. Rabindrasangeet (both vocal and instrumental) and famous Bollywood-movie songs (instrumental) were played. My friends later told me that anytime after 6 p.m is good to catch a show or the other of this musical-fountain.

The show was simply superb and I was spell-bound. The only regret: I didn't have a camera to click the scene and post it for my readers. Nevertheless, for those who still haven't seen this, do go to the park, take a stroll amidst the greenery and enjoy the musical-fountain.

1 comment:

dhiman said...

besh interesting to, jete hobe tahole, tobe eka jete bhalo lagbe na, tai tui borong chol :)