Friday, April 4, 2008

Story of the past life

A few days back, I read a story (The Accountant in the book of short story collection titled The Japanese Wife by Kunal Basu) about a man who could clearly remember his past life when he was Chota Mimar. It made a fascinating read when he had glimpses of the details related to the construction of the Taj Mahal. I simply loved the story.

It wouldn't be out of context to mention a small hillarious thing here. It so happened that during my school days, we had a chapter on food fads. Some common misconceptions and beliefs were listed there like eating ladies finger makes you brainy etc. The thing which I remember till date is how embarrassed I felt when I read that liking brinjals meant that you were a donkey in the past life. I was very ashamed to even admit loving brinjals from that day onwards in public (I still can't figure out why I believed that eating brinjals would strengthen the fact that I was indeed a donkey in my previous birth!!!) and it took quite some time to get back to my normal food habits.

1 comment: